awesome weekend at Pinebrook Bible Conference in the Poconos.
The weekend is designed to provide you with a fun event
that allows you to worship God, and be challenged in your
many recreational activities such as hiking, basketball,
volleyball, ping pong, swimming in an indoor pool, and if there is
snow, sledding and tubing.
Junior High Week- Jan. 11-13
High Week- Jan.
I am encouraged to see you interested in
God’s Word. I pray that as you memorize Ephesians 1 you will
grow in knowledge and faith in Jesus Christ. These questions are
given as a guide to help in your understanding. After you recite
Ephesians to Pastor Mike (or another leader of your choice) you
will be asked some of the questions below. I am not looking for
deep, theological answers. Simple, but to the point answers are
sufficient. May God bless you as you study His Word!
1. What is an apostle?
2. What was the apostle’s purpose / message?
3. What is meant when the Bible speaks of saints?
4. Who is the mediator of salvation? What does that mean? How do we know from Ephesians 1?
5. Verse 3 talks about spiritual blessings for those who believe in Christ, what are they according to Chapter 1? (Name 3)
6. What is meant by “He chose us…before the creation of the world”? (v. 4)
7. What is meant by predestined? (v.5)
8. What is the significance of being chosen / predestined in Christ rather than working out our salvation?
9. According to vs. 4 – 6, why did God choose a people to save?
10. Explain the significance of God adopting us as His sons? Hint: Think of our standing before God ‘before and after’ Christ.
11. What is the ultimate – highest – utmost reason why God chose to save a people to Himself?
12. What is meant by redemption? By what are we redeemed?
13. How have believers come to know the mystery of Christ? (vs. 8-9)
14. According to vs. 13-14, what is the mark of salvation? What is the significance?
15. What are the 3 things Paul prays that God will give the believers at Ephesus? (vs. 17-19)
Departure: Be at church by 5PM
Return: We should return to the church around 3PM on Sunday afternoon.
** You will be able to call your parents when we are about 20 min. from the church.
What to Bring:
Bible- Don't leave home without it...
Sleeping Bag, Pillow
Washcloth and Towel
Bathing Suit and Towel
(for indoor pool, optional)
Warm outdoor clothes
Toiletries (toothbrush/toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc.)
Spending Money for snack shop, and a stop on way up and back. (optional)
Enthusiasm for fun, fellowship, and learning about God.
Do Not Bring:
iPods, MP3 Players, Gaming Devices, etc.
A Negative Attitude
Remember the Cell Phone Policy, and decide if you really need to bring the phone.
Cell Phones are to ONLY be used for emergency purposes, or for calling parents as we return to the church. Any other usage may result in the loss of the phone until the end of the trip.
Cost: The total cost for this retreat $118 before Dec. 12; $128 after Dec. 12
Deadline to Sign-up is Dec. 12: $25 at sign-up and the balance of your payment is due before we leave. Checks are payable to FBFC Youth
You must have an up to date Health / Permission form filled out and signed before we go. You can download a health form here. If you attended Teen Week in 2012, I probably have one of these for you (Let me know if there have been any changes in your insurance or personal health). If you have any questions, call the office at 215-256-6026.
Parents, In Case of Emergency
Pinebrook Bible Conference Center at 1-570-424-1212
Late evenings, call 1-570-424-1214